[Owasp-board] Need guidance on providing OWASP quote to Veracode

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Jun 28 13:14:33 UTC 2010

I don't think that faireness is the issue here , but the process of how we
do this (and we need to look at this from OWASP's point if view, not from
veracode's)

I don't see how we can deliver these 'official OWASP quotes' outside of our
website!

What would be the delivery mechanism? An email from a board member? An email
from an OWASP employee? Is that email that will make it an official OWASP
quote?

Some of these opinions have the potential to generate some controversy
(which in some cases is going to be a good thing), but we have to make sure
we have a solid and clear process.

Given the urgency of the request and the fact that it is the first one, we
can explicitly shortcut some of the steps (like the public consultation
period)

BUT we have to:

a) make it come from a special page on the OWASP website
b) present it as an experiment (where we are still trying to figure out the
rules of engagement)

Dinis Cruz

On 26 Jun 2010, at 18:38, Jeff Williams <jeff.williams at owasp.org> wrote:

It's not fair to preempt their press release.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams
Aspect Security
work: 410-707-1487
main: 301-604-4882

On Jun 25, 2010, at 4:52 PM, dinis cruz < <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>
dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:

Have they seen your quote?

Due to the time restraints, then lets publish the first ideas on how this
could work in the Wiki at the same time that we give them the quote.

In fact they should get the quote from the Wiki

Dinis Cruz

On 25 Jun 2010, at 21:25, Jeff Williams <
<jeff.williams at owasp.org><jeff.williams at owasp.org>
jeff.williams at owasp.org> wrote:

 They’re on kind of a short burn for this particular quote.  How about we
give them the quote and then put that infrastructure in place afterwards.

--Jeff