[Owasp-board] Need guidance on providing OWASP quote to Veracode

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Fri Jun 25 17:27:38 UTC 2010

Hi Jeff,

I definitely think that OWASP should have 'on the record' quotes about what
3rd parties are doing with OWASP's projects.

In terms of workflow and rules, I would like to propose that:

   - All quotes are placed in specific locations of the OWASP Wiki (i.e. on
   a dedicated pages which could be global to OWASP or project specific) where
   it is obvious that those are OWASP Official quotes (this page should be
   protected from non-wiki-admin edits)
   - For each 'official OWASP quote' there should be a period of
    consultation where all interrest parties have the opportunity to 'on the
   record' comment (namely OWASP Committee members and leaders)
   - The first pass at the 'quote' should be made by the board or a
   committee that we delegate the responsibility (maybe the Industry one (when
   it becomes alive again))
   - After the consultation period, the board has final decision on the
   final wording of the text
   - There are cases where the 'OWASP official quote' will probably be
   'OWASP has no comment on this topic'

What do you think? We should use this Veracode request to try this out
(which again should be presented to our community as an 'experiment')

Dinis Cruz