[Owasp-board] AppSec DC - causing confusion with AppSec US

Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Mon Jun 7 13:26:55 UTC 2010

I support APPSEC DC as a annual conference and event and annual summit session.  The DC team did a great job, full of passion, the .gov focus is east coast and we have a large population of US based members.  So I propose OWASP APPSEC GOV even as a annual title.  For the USA we have DHS and other agency support so lets use those relationships to drive the mission in the USA with such support we can be BIGGER globally.

BTW Quick recap of last week

1.  OWASP Mexico was FANTASTIC - Juan Carlos and team did a fantastic job getting the media, local government and business involved.  The event was very professional and both myself and Pravir Chandra who was the only US based people simply commented WoW some photos from me here:  http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2046262&l=2796d9854a&id=1047603676  more to come + video  - found lots of local discussions about Application Security with core Mexican government persons after my talk that leveraged the OWASP evangelism and ambassador concepts of Jeff's prior email that is right on target.

2. OWASP Denver was also FANTASTIC - Kathy and Dave once again put on a great show.  Kathy has accepted the opportunity  to work on the Global Conferences Committee and having another experienced coordinator will be useful with a private sector focus (mark is government as that is his world)  the video is posted including the Board Member (me) keynote http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Front_Range_OWASP_Conference_2010#tab=Agenda and this like Mexico had 1 primary objective -reinforce the mission, get people excited to contribute and join the mission (see video)

Leading up to OWASP Sweden http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_AppSec_Research_2010_-_Stockholm,_Sweden#tab=June_23 and all events for 2010, to set the tone I agree that the tone should be set with a recap of our annual report and to ensure that everyone in attendance understands the BIG PICTURE and then the micro tasks.  The audience is wide and this deck is a simple backdrop to reinforce the mission and the goals.