[Owasp-board] Logo use for conferences

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Jun 7 04:06:49 UTC 2010

Whoa - step one is to nail down exactly what messages we want to get across,
and then some campaigns to do it.  Lemme give you an example.

GEICO:

message is "We are the simplest insurance"

campaigns is "So simple a caveman can do it"

The Truth:

               Message is "Smoking kills"

               Campaign is "The Useful Cigarette"
http://www.thetruth.com/facts/usefulcig/  (part of Facts campaign)

We really have to stop just saying "bad bad bad bad" like the Lorax.

We've got dozens and dozens of messages, we need to isolate a few and come
up with some really creative campaigns.  I think the idea of getting a
college marketing class involved is awesome.

*Then* we can think about graphics and designers.

Once we get some good campaigns defined, we have enough people involved that
we can push the message nicely.  Even if we did one every 6 months it would
be ridiculously awesome.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair

The OWASP Foundation