[Owasp-board] London Training Expenses

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Fri Jun 4 21:43:55 UTC 2010

I don’t think I agree with this logic. If a local chapter puts on an event like this, why is the foundation paying to send speakers to it (unless we are using OotM for that, and I would support use of some of that money for this)? And I know each board member supposedly has a budget, and spending of that budget should be tracked, but it should be for their discretionary spending (if they have any), and not for them attending conferences or other events that they are invited to.

As I said before, I think we should have each conference pay to bring one board member to that conference out of their budget, but I don’t think it’s the best use of the conference’s funds to pay for a gaggle of us to attend just to attend. Ultimately ‘their’ budget is OWASPs budget and we should be careful about how OWASP uses its funds.

-Dave