[Owasp-board] OWASP EU

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Thu Jun 3 23:53:06 UTC 2010

There are a few key goals for board members at an OWASP AppSec Conference.
I'd like to get your thoughts and improvements, and then capture these and
make it part of the Conference Handbook..

The OWASP Board will make every effort to have at least one OWASP Board
Member in attendance at each AppSec conference. The Board Member will.

1)      Provide a keynote or other address on OWASP, our goals, vision,
strategy, ethics, projects, membership, and progress. The goal is to
introduce attendees to OWASP and our culture, describe membership program,
attract contributors, and inspire people about the importance of application
security.

2)      Ensure that OWASP principles and ethics are upheld in all aspects of
the prosecution of the conference. In particular, ensure that OWASP's brand
is not misused by commercial entities.

3)      Provide logistical support and the ability to make quick decisions
on the ground (within reason) without having a formal board meeting and
decision process.

4)      Serve as a lightning rod for any issues, problems, suggestions or
praise that anyone wants to provide about OWASP and bring them to the
appropriate committee or OWASP Board.

5)      Assess the general operation of the local/regional OWASP
organization, chapters, sponsors, leaders, and contributors. The goal is to
use this information to strategize how to grow OWASP's presence in the
region and support the local leadership.

6)      Meet with local leaders from OWASP, government, vendors, and
industry to get them to understand why application security is important and
joining with OWASP makes sense.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair

The OWASP Foundation