[Owasp-board] Logo use for conferences

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Jun 3 17:11:47 UTC 2010

I'm all for that.

-----Original Message-----
From: owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org
[mailto:owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Matt Tesauro
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 12:36 PM
To: owasp-board at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Owasp-board] Logo use for conferences

Another idea for marketing help for OWASP I've been noodling was for me
to get in touch with the Business School at Texas A&M University.  I
used to work for the deans office there.

They have a marketing department.  They have marketing professors.  They
have a bunch of marketing students.

What a great way to get a bunch of free work from students who would, in
turn, get real-world experience.  If we work it right, the professor can
oversee the work and help direct the students.

In exchange for this cooperation, I was considering folding them into
the University program at OWASP.  While it wouldn't be explicit meeting
space (there's no College Station, TX chapter), I think helping solidify
our marketing efforts is fare trade.

Thoughts??

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member

On 6/3/10 11:00 AM, Tom Brennan wrote:
> So what is stopping this effort - a project leader for it a marketing
> intern?
>
> http://www.elance.com (put it out for bid)
>
> http://www.logodesignpros.com
>
> my google skillz are crazy today.
>
> shoot a note to OWASP-ALL asking for HELP and define what we want:
> a. OWASP Foundation Logo to be used on letterhead, website, business cards
> b. OWASP Member Logo to be used for members and member companies
> c. OWASP Chapter Logo to be used as the template + add the regional
> chapter name
> d. other..
>
> We can task a committee(s) to drive this and provide a proposal or we
> can knock it out and establish it within 45 days.
>
> Item for the next board meeting and a vote. I propose a budget of $1000
> be approved with this too.
>

> On Jun 3, 2010, at 9:51 AM, dinis cruz wrote:
>
>> I'm with Jeff on this one, what we need is to have a substantial
>> increase in the number of 'design' activities that happen at OWASP
>> (regardless if they have our name or logo in there).
>>
>> Eventually we should get some budget behind the concept of 'OWASP
>> Brand and Design' but we are quite a bit far off from that (and part
>> of the problem is a big lack of 'Design' culture in OWASP)
>>
>> So, like we did in London for the Training Course brand, at this stage
>> we should encourage OWASP Leaders to be proactive and creative
>>
>> Dinis
>>
>> On 3 Jun 2010, at 16:27, Jeff Williams <jeff.williams at owasp.org
>> <mailto:jeff.williams at owasp.org>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm going to lean the other way. I'd like to see the word OWASP, but
>>> not if it's going to mean less actual beanie use.
>>>
>>> Actually, the big picture is that we really need a marketing person
>>> to help crystalize some themes we van promote that will help us get
>>> our message out to developers.
>>>
>>> Right now our message is just "OWASP" but it could be like the
>>> anti-smoking "truth" commercials. Highly effective.
>>>
>>> --Jeff
>>>
>>> Jeff Williams
>>> Aspect Security
>>> work: 410-707-1487