[Owasp-board] Logo use for conferences

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Jun 3 15:51:23 UTC 2010

I'm with Jeff on this one, what we need is to have a substantial increase in
the number of 'design' activities that happen at OWASP (regardless if they
have our name or logo in there).

Eventually we should get some budget behind the concept of 'OWASP Brand and
Design' but we are quite a bit far off from that (and part of the problem is
a big lack of 'Design' culture in OWASP)

So, like we did in London for the Training Course brand, at this stage we
should encourage OWASP Leaders to be proactive and creative

Dinis

On 3 Jun 2010, at 16:27, Jeff Williams <jeff.williams at owasp.org> wrote:

I'm going to lean the other way. I'd like to see the word OWASP, but not if
it's going to mean less actual beanie use.

 Actually, the big picture is that we really need a marketing person to help
crystalize some themes we van promote that will help us get our message out
to developers.

Right now our message is just "OWASP" but it could be like the anti-smoking
"truth" commercials.  Highly effective.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams
Aspect Security
work: 410-707-1487
main: 301-604-4882

On Jun 2, 2010, at 4:59 PM, Eoin <eoinkeary at gmail.com> wrote:

I agree with Dave, we need to protect the brand and need owasp on all
collateral.

On Jun 2, 2010 8:48 p.m., "Dave Wichers" < <dave.wichers at owasp.org>
dave.wichers at owasp.org> wrote:

 I would prefer it say OWASP on it, but I’m not a Scandanavian. I’m OK with
them adjusting based on local behavior, but I would think we would
‘recommend’ having it say OWASP unless they object.

-Dave

*From:* <owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org>
owasp-board-bounces at lists.owasp.org