[Owasp-board] (OWASP BOARD) comment on RFC: Two proposed next tweaks to the services registry

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Tue Jun 1 15:41:27 UTC 2010

I'd consider an OWASP inquiry the 'nuclear' option and only use that
when absolutely necessary.

Also, in this specific case, there's several board members directly
involved which makes it very different from Brazil (two community
members).  Getting an impartial group to, potentially, contradict the
board has several negatives I'd like to avoid (like the perception of
the board domineering the community, inability of the group to be
partial since they might contradict board members, fears of reprisals,
etc).  I personally don't think any of this would happen but with
perceptions, what happens and what people ~feel~ happened are usually
two very different things.

I say have both proposals reviewed by the board then see what happens.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member