[Owasp-board] IMPORTANT: Proposed (revised) model for the 'OWASP Commercial Services' pages

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Tue Jun 1 15:27:32 UTC 2010

A couple of thoughts:

* I like the idea of both proposals being heard by the board and voted
on.  Since OWASP is an open community, lets give both ideas their "15
minutes" and make our decision after both are heard.

* I'd like to second Eoin's great idea of an simple proposal email
without any additional info and/or 'noise'.  I'd suggest that both Mike
and Dinis do this prior to the board call so that we don't have to burn
call time reviewing the basics.

* One worry I have with both plans is the perception that business will
have about what the registry really is.  Primarily, I see something like
Fake Corp which just became an OWASP corporate member saying "OK  I paid
my $5,000 when do I get listed in the OWASP registry."  We have to be
_very_ clear about our message or we may end up hurting our efforts with
corporate memberships.

* I also keep wondering about some sort of partnership with
securityscoreboard.com where we have enough distance between us to keep
the no commercial aspects of OWASP clear of any misunderstanding.

Per Dinis's request, I'll address the other issue paired with this one
in that sister thread.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member