[Owasp-board] July Announcement from Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Fri Jul 30 17:19:09 UTC 2010

Hello Sherif, Maarten, Eduardo, Christian,

I thank your interested response to OWASP call for help regarding the necessity of replacing the former OWASP ASVS Project’s leadership.

I also would like to inform you that both the OWASP Board and the OWASP Global Committee are currently setting up the rules to deal with this leadership transition.

You will be updated as soon as the above referred process is finished.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

#1 - OWASP July Newsletter has been published!
- Event Updates
- Interviews / PodCasts
- ESAPI Updates
- LiveCD
- Important updates about OWASP

Get your copy in English / Spanish / Hungarian & Chinese online and read about what is NEW with OWASP. To see what is new simply visit: http://www.owasp.org and on the right side click on NEWSLETTERS!

#2 - Going to Blackhat/Defcon/BSides this week? Don't miss the 5th Annual KartCon. This informal gathering has exploded with the support of the community this year!

Details: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/KartCon2010

#3 - HELP WANTED - We are seeking a new project leader for OWASP ASVS, if you want to help us change the world of application security we could use your help in this volunteer role.

Details: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Application_Security_Verification_Standard_Project

#4 - CAREERS - Our community is over 21,000 people strong with over 160+ chapters around the world. If you are hiring and need a OWASP aware individual should be listed here..

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Jobs

--

#5 - A lot of time of individuals around the world go into OWASP Foundation. We hope that you have personally found value in the OWASP Project Inc., We hope that you will continue as a becoming a individual or corporate member in support of this professional association

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership#Categories_of_Membership_.26_Supporters <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership#Categories_of_Membership_%2E26_Supporters>

Have a fantastic summer!

OWASP Foundation.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_OWASP
Posted By Tom Brennan

View <http://www.linkedin.com/e/49g2va-gc43ii7g-4j/vaq/25691211/36874/-1/view_disc/>  or add comments »

LinkedIn values your privacy. At no time has LinkedIn made your email address available to any other LinkedIn user without your permission. ©2010, LinkedIn Corporation.