[Owasp-board] FW: [Owasp-google-hacking] [GPC] Update Needed

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Wed Jul 28 12:26:40 UTC 2010

Board,

For your information, please see below.

Thanks,

Paulo Coimbra,
OWASP Project Manager

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Heinrich [mailto:christian.heinrich at owasp.org]
Sent: quarta-feira, 28 de Julho de 2010 05:53
To: Paulo Coimbra
Cc: owasp-google-hacking at lists.owasp.org; Global Projects Committee
Subject: Re: [Owasp-google-hacking] [GPC] Update Needed

Paulo,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>
wrote:
> As for your answer, below, I believe it is the appropriate time to say
> that I don't think your facts' narrative always entirely captures the
> essence of the email-thread you refer. However, I suggest we further
> clarify the matter in the context of the inquiry process in course so
> as to assure the situation is handled with the care, respect and
factualness it deserves.

I disagree and my interpretation is supported by
http://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/nicholas.epley/EpleyKruger.pdf and the
http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/2010/06/publicly-traded-companies-read-this.
html

The question is if it wasn't someone from Google then who is the person in
question that raised this with Tom Brennan mentioned in the thread from July
2009.

I am also trying to gauge the benefit to my project from the attached email
threat in light of the fact that I had agreed to discretely replace the
source code - or what I thought might be the source code [1] - when I
returned to Australia rather then play into the hands of trolls [2]

I have no doubt that the inquiry has been delayed so it will be twisted to
ensure maximum damage to my reputation while OWASP attempts to distance
itself from its lack of action during the entire lifetime of this project
such as the continued removal from the OWASP Leaders List and recently
marking my project inactive (not in September 2009 when requested).

[1]
https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-google-hacking/2010-June/000023.html
[2] http://twitter.com/TownyRoberto/status/17237972489

--