[Owasp-board] Event Registration

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Mon Jul 12 04:05:51 UTC 2010

I am completely behind the idea of getting rid of Cvent if its too
expensive and not meeting our needs.  Also killing duplicate work is a
great thing.  I'd just like to be a bit careful about messing with a
revenue stream for OWASP.

Specifically, I a bit concerned about the 7K payment immediately upon
being invoiced considering we've
(1) not see a demonstration of this to even know if it fits our needs
(2) the SOW is extremely vague about what exactly we're getting for 7K

I won't bother to retype the feedback of the other board members - no
disagreement with what's been said so far.

So in principal, I like the idea of a Salesforce-linked event management
system.  I'm yet to be convinced (mostly due to lack of detail) that
Navatar Group's solution is the right one.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member