[Owasp-board] Update Needed

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Sat Jul 10 21:40:32 UTC 2010

Sorry I forgot to send this in yesterday.

Here is the GCC Input  also found at:
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/leaf?id=0B8FE6Oyqbn2cYzRjYjkxNzktNmEwZS00ZTA5LWExN2EtNmNjMDllYjRkMzZj&hl=en

Accomplishments for this Month

   - Updates to How to Host a Conference Page
   - Identified additional AppSec EU 2011 proposals due to concerns about
   Greek economic condition
   - Set AppSec EU 2011 Location - Ireland
   - Set AppSec EU 2010 Location - Grece

   - Events
      - AppSec Research 2010
      - OWASP Mexico Day
      - FROC 2010

Planned for Next Month

   - Solicit new GCC Members
      - Replace Wayne and Dhruv
   - Create new OWASP event intake process
   - Create event Lessons Learned process
   - EU VAT Tax Exempt Status
   - Conference Planning Updates
      - Updates to conference Definitions
      - EasyChair Tutorial
      - Event Checklist

Issues/Risks/Challenges

   - Lack of clear directional authorities for GCC
   - Lack of budgetary targets/authority for GCC
   - Lack of visibility into all OWASP branded events
   - Inconsistent OWASP Foundation representation in countries outside the
   US and EU
   - AppSec US Budget at risk (low secured sponsorships)
   - AppSec Brasil Training Sessions risk (no proposal has been received
   yet)

--
Mark Bristow

OWASP Global Conferences Committee Chair - http://is.gd/5MTvF