[Owasp-board] 2010 Summit

Eoin eoin.keary at owasp.org
Thu Jul 8 19:46:01 UTC 2010

I can't make it on Monday, I am going on vacation, so apologies for that. my
answers are inline below......

On 8 July 2010 20:01, Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org> wrote:

>  Board, last month the board decided to plan the 2010 summit in
> conjunction with AppSec DC in November.  The plan was to host several
> working groups throughout the week and then host a one day summit the day
> after the conference, November 12th.
>

> These are the pieces I need to put in to place to start the organizational
> process – we can discuss on Monday if necessary, but I would appreciate some
> advance information:
>

> 1.       Is this an “invitation only” summit?

I think it should be. To be included in defining direction of the foundation
you must some part ownership, ie be a member, significant contributor,
leader etc

> 2.      What is the budget for the summit?

Do we want to pay for chapter & project leaders?
transport, accommodation, what else do we need to cover?
We could appoint a budget per chapter/project for each chapter/project to
send a delegate?

> 3.      What will the working groups be?

Projects
Membership
Confs
Industry
etc....as per the committee structure
We need to reboot any less active groups, committees also.

> 4.      How many working groups (how many rooms will we need)?

see 3

> 5.      Will invitation to the summit translate into admission to the
> conference?

Yes, but keep summit invitations to a minimum...not a free-for-all

> 6.      What travel/accommodations are we providing?

We could appoint a budget per project the difference which can be made up by
chapter funds from which the project leader hails from??
good way to invest chapter funds methinks.

> 7.      Who is the board member taking the lead on the agenda?

I'd like to lead or part lead if that is ok? I am very keen to define core
objectives of the 2010 summit and come up with some tangible direction.

> 8.
>
> I need to plan for space, accommodations, food, and beer.  This requires
> working with the AppSec DC planners to make sure that we are in sync.
>
> Indeed we do. We need to attend their meetings and the conf committee
> meetings.
>
> As it is already July, if we are going to make this a productive expense,
> we need to plan it now.
>

> Happy to start cracking as soon as I get back from Clare Island
>

> http://maps.google.ie/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Clare+island+mayo&sll=53.035846,-9.329281&sspn=0.019974,0.055189&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Clare+Island,+County+Mayo&z=12

Thank you for your attention.

--
Eoin Keary