[Owasp-board] FW: [SPAM] Re: [GPC] OWASP "Google Hacking" Project - Status - June 2010

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Fri Jul 2 10:32:09 UTC 2010

Board,

For your information.

Thanks,

Paulo Coimbra,
OWASP Project Manager

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Heinrich [mailto:christian.heinrich at owasp.org]
Sent: sexta-feira, 2 de Julho de 2010 07:50
To: bradcausey at owasp.org
Cc: Paulo Coimbra; owasp-google-hacking at lists.owasp.org; Global Projects
Committee
Subject: [SPAM] Re: [GPC] OWASP "Google Hacking" Project - Status - June
2010

Brad,

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Brad Causey <bradcausey at owasp.org> wrote:
> So just to be clear Christian,
> 1. It appears that the source, is in fact, release. We thank you for that.
> 2. Do you have a timeline for future development? I would assume that
> because google depreciated it's API, that you would need to find other
> methods of performing queries.
> Thank you very much in advance.

1. Yes, the RUXCON 2K8 Release is available again.
2. As far as I am aware, their AJAX Search API does not have an
equivalent call related to retrieving content from the Google's cache.
 Scraping, etc would violate Google Term's of Service.  There is a
possibility that I could port it to Bing but I have not reviewed the
functionality of their SOAP API yet.

Having spoken with Dinis at HITB Amsterdam, his feeling was that the
project should be closed off and a new category be created to clarify
the reason why as it is not inactive, rather that development can't
continue due to the deprecation of the Google SOAP Search API.  I also
highlighted that it was only intended as a PoC as investing further
development in light of the closure of the SOAP Search API and would
be to the determent of other projects that I contribute too.

I will do one more review the related owasp.org wiki pages and update
the documentation on the repository, etc when I return to Australia
next weekend (i.e. 10 July) and indicate when this is completed to the
GPC.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/user:cmlh