[Owasp-board] (Certifications) Fwd: SI OWASP Membership

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Dec 23 05:01:36 UTC 2010

Sorry Tom, but I have to disagree with you on this one. I worked hard for
those 5k in sponsorship and part of my focus in getting SI involved was
because of the Summit.

*So as per our current process, the leader responsible for the membership
gets to chose which project they are involved in that gets the 2k, and in
this case I chose the Summit.*
*
*
Tom, if you still disagree with this, I will put it up for a Board Vote so
everybody is on-the-record on this one

Tom, why are you picking on this? I won't really matter in the end, and
putting these 2k on the Summit team will only help and motivate that team
(they already fell a lack of Support from the Board, and this would just
make it worse).

Regarding the movement of money, yeah there have been some noises, but if
you guys look closely at what is happening, you will see that it was all
done transparently (assuming people read emails) and in a way that makes
sense for our Community.

*On the topic of Summit, I have to say that I feel quite lonely here*, since
the support and participation from the Board as been very small (with some
notable exceptions). The financial model is just one area that at the moment
that it is all up to me to come up with a working model.

*On the other hand, if your help is to question my moves, then please don't
help!!!! *I have dozens (if not hundreds) of other emails to answer which
are from people trying to get things done.

*(this next comment is to all board members, not just Tom):
**I'm happy to be judged at the end, so please think twice before you ask
questions that will take my time and energy to answer* (specially questions
that have small importance in the big scheme of things).

*(this **next **comment is NOT for TOM, since he is actually one of the few
board members that is active (as a Board member) on the Summit):  *
The Summit team is pretty solid now, so if you want to be involved (and
question what is going on), first please get a good grip on that is going on
and then contribute

Dinis Cruz