[Owasp-board] (Certifications) Fwd: SI OWASP Membership

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Wed Dec 22 01:55:45 UTC 2010

Board, FYI, I spend about 1h talking with Ed today about the certification
and this really looks like the real deal.

Ed is fully onboard with a certification model that is fully compatible with
OWASP's values/model and SI (Security Innovations) is even considering
playing the game of opening up the questions/answers.

They are putting considerable resources into this activity. For example they
are going to fly to Portugal in the beginning of January to participate in
the OWASP Academies 2 days session (organized by Sandra) and are also going
to be at  the Summit (where ideally we would launch this).

I also asked them, if as a token of their commitment to OWASP they would
become OWASP corporate members (which if something that OWASP would probably
give them if the certification efforts were successful) and Ed, literally in
the next hour made the payment you can see below.

Alison, please allocate the 2k USD from this membership to the Summit Team
(making the Summit Internal Budget to be 52k USD)

I will keep you posted on this, but I really fell that this might work (and
there will finally be certifications based on OWASP materials out there,
which will push the OWASP Brand/Materials to whole new audiences)

Dinis Cruz