[Owasp-board] [Global_conference_committee] FW: Questions about OWASP support to local chapters

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Mon Dec 20 17:12:17 UTC 2010

Brazil is a totally different situation than the one with the China Summit.  There was participation from the beginning with the representatives and planners for this event.  We (the foundation) was aware from the beginning of the financial barriers and the need for a third party and the related contract.

I do not want to confuse the issues.

We have the Chinese chapter leader, Rip Torn, who has already invested 9K of his own finances into the event looking at an additional 9K deficit.

There is more of a language barrier and larger cultural difference revolving around the Asia event.  We need to 1.  Decide what to do financially and 2.  Figure out how to prevent this from occurring again.

In my opinion, we need to learn from this event.  I do not want Rip and the Asia Community to feel they are completely responsible for the loss, but to encourage the APac region to participate more fully.

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403

 <http://www.owasp.org/> www.owasp.org