[Owasp-board] FW: OWASP at BSIDESQ

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Thu Dec 16 14:43:35 UTC 2010

FYI, this decision is being cited as an example of a chapter - chapter leader - asking for money and being told "no."

This has come up in the current debate over conference revenue splits...

One of the items the conferences committee has on its agenda for the coming year is to provide guidance and support regarding OWASP participation in "non-OWASP" events.  I think that - from what I've gathered, this request was presented without complete information.

In any case, just wanted to keep you aware of the undercurrents in some of the current debates.

Thanks.

Kate Hartmann
Operations Director
301-275-9403