[Owasp-board] 74k End of Year Budget/Accounting

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Tue Dec 14 20:58:12 UTC 2010

Don't know if VOTE is the best way to suggest this however do we all support the end-of-year reconcile of OWASP Foundation funds giving chapter the option of assignment of funds for 2011 needs of chapter operations and or donate to the summit general fund.  In the end funds are annual so use them for owasp locally or globally.  Read from the bottom up.  The context here is that in NY I have 4k in funds - so lets take 2k for 2011 Q1 and I know that we will have more funds coming in renewals and new memberships.  I am going to allocate $500 per chapter leader towards the summit.  If they can't go or will not use the money it gets released to the general fund for summit to help someone get to the summit.

Not that complex.. no need to be squirrel chapters and horde money - use it for the mission.  After the email we make it the policy as a annual sweep for accounting purposes.

Discussion / Yes / No (Considering that this moves in my estimate about 40k of the 74k we need majority here folks, already have support of several chapters and committee members on it as air cover in concept.