[Owasp-board] [Global_membership_committee] Honorary Memberships- Vote Scheduled for 12/21 @ Membership Meeting

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Fri Dec 10 20:04:11 UTC 2010

Using the ISSA argument, I spoke with them about this.  How they work is they have the mothership ISSA and then they have regional battlestars that handle local.  There are mothership dues+local chapter dues.  The mothershipets the full membership from everyone globally and the regional chapter fee is a sliding scale based on GDP adjustments (Big Mac Index).

* thought you would like the space references
We're not that mature hence the 60/40 split is the best we came up with when we retooled the model.  If local chapters want to have a discount code off the 40% or $20 they can do that shortly with the upcoming membership management system I hear from Kate.

Renewals are also split 60/40 and chapters should play a active role in this process.  But seriously we're at what 1500 members give or take its not like we have 25,000 of them and we could on that professional membership income would be 1.2Million -(BTW that is without corporate supporters)- so we need to draw a line and ask the simple question do you/we/owasp want professional association with owasp? If yes, pay fee.  If not, no problem but let's all agree your not paying for membership to owasp for xyz your donation is helping the mission IF you believe in the community and the focus. If you don't go join ISSA :)

BTW I have never sent money to NPR radio however.. I do support owasp like many others with valuable time, efforts and $50 :)

Sent from my BlackBerry