[Owasp-board] Free OWASP Top 10 Training online

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Fri Dec 10 17:37:31 UTC 2010

Jeff,

Depends on what you mean by "open".

Its zero cost.  The existing infrastructure is all FLOSS software.  He
gives away the Live CD like we do with the OWASP Live CD.  People are
free to register with the site and do events.  But its a service not an
installable thing so "open" is kinda hard to pin down exactly.  I'm not
sure OWASP has "spoken" on what open is when it comes to services.
(e.g. Like the Free Software Foundation has with the Affero General
Public License - AGPL [1])

That's one of the primary reasons I'd like to get him to the Summit.  I
figure if we get him up to his neck in passionate App Sec professionals,
he catch the spirit and make things as open as they need to be to make
everyone happy.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affero_General_Public_License
--
-- Matt Tesauro