[Owasp-board] Mail routing for lists.owasp.org

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu Dec 9 17:13:40 UTC 2010

Larry,

I think I asked my question wrong.

I'm not talking about turning off Mailman during the transition.
Instead, I'm talking about having Mailman's upstream SMTP server
changing from ml1.lcasey.com to smtp.google.com (or whatever the right
host is for Google).  I am well aware of the work you did trying to
migrate to Google Groups.

This is strictly a logistical question from the various hosting
companies I've talked to since we have a lot of email traffic to/from
lists.owasp.org.  I was hoping we could shift the email delivery burden
to Google if possible.

Do you know if Google Apps allows OWASP use their SMTP servers as an
upstream SMTP relay for lists.owasp.org?

I don't mind asking Google if its unknown currently.

Thanks for the fast response.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member