[Owasp-board] CD rates?

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Mon Dec 6 21:07:55 UTC 2010

I liked the clarification that Dinis provided in the Board meeting today:
It's not so much about "investing" the funds to earn interest as it is
figuring out how much we have available to spend.

So, if we take this approach, and pull this $200K out of circulation, then
the idea is to have a better idea of what the potential investments into our
chapter leaders, local leaders, and projects can be.

Considering that we really will not benefit too much from squirreling away
our funds, we may want to work on the Dinis method of budgeting and
investing.  Moving the funds to the Money Market would provide a bit more
interest, but shelter us from having to move so much into an "untouchable"
account for 4 years.

We can keep an eye on the interest rates and when things improve, we can
revisit the idea.

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403