[Owasp-board] Secure Coding Quick Reference

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Tue Aug 31 19:29:09 UTC 2010

Hello Keith,

First of all I apologise for my delayed response. Not deferrable personal
issues have kept me out of work for a considerable period of time and
consequently I haven't been able to seasonably deal with my OWASP duties. I
thank in advance your understanding.

Secondly, thank you for volunteering to lead an OWASP Project.  It is with
volunteers like yourselves that OWASP continues to succeed in making
application security visible.

Thirdly, as requested, I've created
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quick_Referen
ce_Guide wiki page and placed it amongst all the other OWASP Projects
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project#tab=Alpha_Status_Proje
cts

Please check it out and let me know if you find any problems or mistakes.

Feel free to add any additional information to the project's wiki page or to
request assistance regarding its edition.

Fourthly, the OWASP Global Projects Committee (GPC) will look at the roadmap
and provide feedback on your project:  suggesting projects which are closely
related, resources and contacts which may assist your efforts and any other
suggestions to increase your project's success.

Fifthly, the GPC will announce your project to the OWASP community and will
seek a First Reviewer to hopefully assess the Stable Quality Status of your
Release V1.0.

I will keep you updated and let you know whenever we have one or a pool of
volunteers ready for you to pick up.

You can follow this recruitment process here
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Project_Reviewers_Database#tab=Project_
Reviewers.2FVolunteers

Meanwhile, I suggest you make your self-assessment.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quic
k_Reference_Guide/Releases/SCP_v1/Assessment

That is all for now - I wish you and your project great success.  Thank you
for supporting OWASP's mission.

Should you have any questions or require any further information, please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks, best regards,

PS. Please let me know whether or not you wish an OWASP email address.

Paulo Coimbra,

OWASP Project Manager <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>