[Owasp-board] The Summit is ON (50k Approved)

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Aug 30 19:07:28 UTC 2010

OK Summit 2011 team

We just had majority vote on Kate's request below, so this means that we can
now know for sure that the Summit is going to happen in early 2011 and that
we have an initial budget of 50k USD to make it happen.

There is a LOT to do now, and a lot of issues we have to sort out ASAP (for
example we have a good oportunity next week at OWASP AppSec in Irvine to
present the 2011 Summit and we really should get the most out of it).

Lets work hard on the next couple weeks to finalize the operational plans
for the Summit so that we can go out there are get as much participants in
there as possible (which takes us to the issue that was also raised by the
Board (as with several of you in past calls) which is "is where we are going
to get the other 100k in sponsorship" (this is one of the key questions that
we need to answer in out plans, but I think the first sponsorship idea of
the 'Browser Day' is a great step on the right direction)).

Wednesday call will be an important meeting, so please try to make it (and
also invite who you think should be involved)

Btw, we need to add to http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011 a news
section   :)

Dinis Cruz