[Owasp-board] [Global_conference_committee] [GPC] Predefined slots for OWASP Projects at OWASP Conferences

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Aug 30 16:43:24 UTC 2010

Lucas you are correct, this thread is about "Predefined slots for OWASP
Projects at OWASP Conferences" not about expenses.

The idea is to make it easier to OWASP Leaders to participate and present
their projects at our conferences (any budget's discussion should be done
outside this process (and probably even the GPC))

I think operationaly it would be very hard to do this without close
colaboaration with the target conference's RPF process (and maybe, if we
were so lucky to have 10x OWASP projects pitching for a conference, we could
pass some of that evaluation process to the RPF team). The minimum I would
expect the current process/idea is that the RPF team would receive the OWASP
proposals in a block (i.e. all together) inside the RPF timescales.

Another positive side effect of this is that we would be giving our leaders
another 'benefit' from going through the OWASP Assessment Criteria
V2<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Assessment_Criteria_v2.0>(like what
just happened with the OWASP ModSecurity CRS project
http://blog.modsecurity.org/2010/08/owasp-modsecurity-crs-project-promoted-to-release-quality.html)

I also like the concept that by design and default, there is an open
invitation to the OWASP Projects to present at our conferences and that we
can put some 'gentle' pressure on our leaders to do so ("...Hey OWASP Leader
ABC, there is an empty slot of there, who can do a presentation about your
project? ...")

Dinis Cruz