[Owasp-board] [Global_conference_committee] [GPC] Predefined slots for OWASP Projects at OWASP Conferences

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Mon Aug 30 16:07:24 UTC 2010

Reserving these training slots doesn't mean OWASP is paying for their travel
or anything else. All it means is that they don't have to pay the normal
training fee. So, the only cost to OWASP for this would be the amount paid
to the trainer for the slot, like $0 for the 2 free ones, and maybe $100 for
those above 2, or an adjusted amount in less expensive areas of the world
(like maybe $50 in Brazil.).

-Dave

global-projects-committee at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Global_conference_committee] [GPC] Predefined slots for OWASP
Projects at OWASP Conferences

We could have reserved slots, but, since most leaders are from outside
Brazil, this would add a big burden to the conference budget. We have
set that "involvement in OWASP" must be one of the criteria used for
selecting the talks.

Regards,

Lucas

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:36, Mark Bristow <mark.bristow at owasp.org> wrote:
> I believe that AppSec DC could hold over 5 slots for OWASP speakers.  We
> actually have not gotten a good response from OWASP Leaders to our
standard
> CFP (That closes tomorrow).  If you want me to hold slots tho, I need to
> know ASAP as we will be building the schedule soon.
>
> -Mark
>
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Tom Brennan <tomb at owasp.org> wrote:
>>
>> YES - this needs to be part of the X annual conference planning
activities
>> of OWASP Conferences. The CFP should not be pushed aside as it still
needs
>> to account for the speakers availability, abstract, slides and  perhaps
more
>> than 1 person can talk about 02 as example etc..
>>
>> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_AppSec_Conference
>>

>> Sent from my mobile device, call me for more information 973-506-9303
>> about this email.

<global_conference_committee at lists.owasp.org><global_conference_committee at li
sts.owasp.org>;

--