[Owasp-board] Need Help: New Project on OWASP

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Fri Aug 27 17:58:06 UTC 2010

Hello Bishan,

First of all I apologise for my delayed response. Not deferrable personal
issues have kept me out of work for a considerable period of time and
consequently I haven't been able to seasonably deal with my OWASP duties. I
thank in advance your understanding.

Secondly, thank you all, Bishan, Chandrakanth and Naveen, for volunteering
to lead an OWASP Project.  It is with volunteers like yourselves that OWASP
continues to succeed in making application security visible.

Thirdly, as requested, I've created
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Alchemist_Project wiki page and placed
it amongst all the other OWASP Projects
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project#tab=Alpha_Status_Proje
cts

Please check it out and let me know if you find any problems or mistakes.

Feel free to add any additional information to the project's wiki page or to
request assistance regarding its edition.

Fourthly, the OWASP Global Projects Committee (GPC) will look at the roadmap
and provide feedback on your project:  suggesting projects which are closely
related, resources and contacts which may assist your efforts and any other
suggestions to increase your project's success.

Fifthly, to get your project started, here are a couple of references for
your review:

 - The Guidelines for OWASP Projects provide a quick overview of items key
to a projects success -
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Guidelines_for_OWASP_Projects,

 - OWASP's Assessment Criteria is the metric by which projects are
evaluated.  There are three categories for projects: Alpha, Beta, and
Release.  The Assessment Criteria allows project leaders to know what
aspects of projects OWASP values -
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project_Assessment.

Sixthly, the GPC will announce your project to the OWASP community.
However, prior to do so, please provide the details below so that the GPC
can complete your initial project page.

(1) Project purpose / overview (if different from the current),

(2) Project links (if any) to external sites,
(3) Project Leader wiki account - the username (you'll need this to edit the
wiki),

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Tutorial#Editing_the_OWASP_Wiki
(4) Project Contributor(s) (if any) - name email and wiki account (if any),

Seventhly, as your project reaches a point that you'd like OWASP to assist
in its promotion, the GPC will need the following to help spread the word
about your project:

 * Project Flyer/Pamphlet (PDF file):
http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/21/what-is-this-project
-flyerpamphlet-thing/.

 * Conference style presentation describing the project in at least 3 slides
-
http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/what-is-the-3x-slide
-presentation-thing/

To conclude, as work on your project progresses and you are ready to create
a new release, please let the GPC know of the change in status.

The GPC can work with you to get your project assessed and moved up the
OWASP quality ladder from Alpha to Beta to Stable.  Not every release
requires an assessment - feel free to email the GPC if you are unsure about
your project's requirements.  For examples of projects at various quality
levels, please see the OWASP Project page
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project.

That is all for now - I wish you and your project great success.  Thank you
for supporting OWASP's mission.

Should you have any questions or require any further information, please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks, best regards,

PS. Please let me know whether or not you wish an OWASP email address.

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

Date: 8/12/2010

Subject: Need Help: New Project on OWASP

Hi Dinis - First of all, congrats for the O2 release.

I forwarded a proposal for a new project at OWASP to Paulo
(paulo.coimbra at owasp.org).

I haven't received a response yet. Could you direct me to the right person
please?

Thanks.

Bishan

<http://www.linkedin.com/e/qoang4-gcsgiesy-3l/SBx5yLTy6yHYmk_b5FY5YCW-CEaq7v
KX/mbi/I2263652281_2/> View/reply to this message

Don't want to receive e-mail notifications?
<http://www.linkedin.com/e/qoang4-gcsgiesy-3l/SBx5yLTy6yHYmk_b5FY5YCW-CEaq7v
KX/blk/I2263652281_2/s6hJbOYWrSlI/mdp/> Adjust your message settings.

C 2010, LinkedIn Corporation

--
Bish
http://bishankochher.blogspot.com