[Owasp-board] (Proposal) 2 free passes for each training class at conferences

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Aug 26 18:52:39 UTC 2010

On 26 August 2010 19:17, Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org> wrote:

> I had suggested adding the complimentary passes on the trainers' contract
> in
> effort to include more chapter leaders in a more proactive way  (i.e.
> trainers/owasp/leaders can plan for this) than reactive way.

Well it is only going to be a bit reactive for Irvine, for the others we
should still be in time (since DC is till on the RPF stages right?)

:)

>  As Dave
> mentioned, class sizes can vary greatly.  Depending on the venue a full
> class might be 10 or might be 50.   We could consider a "waiting list"
> process if the initial comped seats are full.

Yap, we need to have a base number (2  to 4 per class is a good number (but
lets start with 2)) and then have a process to deal with the cases where
there are more leaders interested in a particular class (at the moment we
don't know if/when that will become a problem).

> I would also suggest looking for a few additional one day classes to
> partner
> with the "chapter leader sprint."  It would be great to see the one day
> project training model (from London) standardized.  I'll bet there are
> leaders who are not familiar with all of the resources within OWASP
> (projects, tools, people).

Yap, this is one of the things that we can do once there are enough leaders
going to a particular conference, we are probably tool late for Irvine to do
this, but we should definitely try to do this in DC (or in other conferences
with lots of leaders attending)

> So, have the about owasp training (free for members/leaders) on training
> day
> 1, then the chapter leader's day on training day 2, then a very energized
> group of owasp missionaries mingling in the conference on days 3 and 4.

Yap that would be the plan :)

Dinis