[Owasp-board] (Proposal) 2 free passes for each training class at conferences

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Thu Aug 26 18:17:51 UTC 2010

I had suggested adding the complimentary passes on the trainers' contract in
effort to include more chapter leaders in a more proactive way  (i.e.
trainers/owasp/leaders can plan for this) than reactive way.  As Dave
mentioned, class sizes can vary greatly.  Depending on the venue a full
class might be 10 or might be 50.   We could consider a "waiting list"
process if the initial comped seats are full.

I would also suggest looking for a few additional one day classes to partner
with the "chapter leader sprint."  It would be great to see the one day
project training model (from London) standardized.  I'll bet there are
leaders who are not familiar with all of the resources within OWASP
(projects, tools, people).

So, have the about owasp training (free for members/leaders) on training day
1, then the chapter leader's day on training day 2, then a very energized
group of owasp missionaries mingling in the conference on days 3 and 4.

Kate Hartmann
Operations Director
301-275-9403
www.owasp.org
Skype:  Kate.hartmann1

To: 'Matt Tesauro'; owasp-board at lists.owasp.org
at conferences

I support this proposal, but would like to extend this to allow any unused
seats in classes to be filled by OWASP leaders. Getting OWASP leaders to
conferences is critical.

I would further like to add Matt's idea to every conference.  Have an "OWASP
Leader Working Session" at every conference during the training days where
leaders can come for free to live and breathe appsec, share ideas, make
friends, etc...

--Jeff