[Owasp-board] (Proposal) 2 free passes for each training class at conferences

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Aug 26 18:02:03 UTC 2010

I'm all for the OWASP leader working sessions.

Regarding more than 2 'free' passes per class, I don't think that is a good
idea. If I was a provider (which I am - and so are you :-) ), 2 free passes
seems like a reasonable thing to offer in support of OWASP. But to have
potentially half the class full of free attendees seems a bit much. And we
don't really cap these classes. i.e., we've had up to 35 in some of them. So
with that criteria, we could have LOTS of free attendees per class.

I think we average like 12 students per class so even if 'full' meant 20 we
could have like 8 free per class on average.

--

Now, we could certainly 'ask' the providers if they wouldn't mind us filling
the class (up to 20) with OWASP leaders, but I (with my Conferences Chair

-Dave

To: owasp-board at lists.owasp.org
at conferences

This proposal seems like a fine solution offering a good balance of the
competing issues.

I vote yes.

--
-- Matt Tesauro