[Owasp-board] Taking a look at OWASP's current budget projections

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Aug 26 14:24:45 UTC 2010

Regarding Larry's support hours, here is his response:

"I don't do a ton of work on the infrastructure now. Just little things here
and there. It's hard for me to bill hours when its 15 minutes one day and 2
minutes the next. I fix the problem and get back to my day. Most of the time
it's a minor thing. I can go weeks without even touching OWASP."

So, he does charge OWASP for his time occasionally, but it's been pretty
minimal.

-Dave

To: 'Kate Hartmann'; dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Subject: RE: free passes for training at conferences and 2010 summit

I definitely agree with Kate that we need to be very cautious with our
spending!  We had a loss in 2008 and 2009, so it would be really great to
actually see a profit this year.

I attached our current budget projections.  However, I had in here a profit
of $130k from conferences for the year.  Based on some of the emails going
around, it sounds like the US Conf may not have a large profit this year.
Counting on the $130k profit from conferences, and putting in a budget of
$50k for the Summit..we were pretty much breaking even.  So if we think the
conference profits are going to be down, it may be a wise idea to put off a
large Summit for now.

Alison Shrader

OWASP

9175 Guilford Road, Suite 300