[Owasp-board] New OWASP Logo

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Aug 23 11:21:29 UTC 2010

Humm, are we making that line the OWASP Tag line?

I'm not sure I can relate OWASP to it, since its quite a negative and
FUD-like message.

For example, isn't *"Because we care!"* a much better and positive tagline?
Also if we ARE going to have/find a new tag line, I think  it would be
better to do it as a community.

Also note that there are a number of issues with that taglines. For example
if the world was REAL cruel, we would have a LOT more problems in WebAppSec.
In fact once could argue argue the exact oppositive. That the very large
majority of the world is NOT cruel, since if it was, we would have a lot
more exploitation of vulnerable apps.

Now if this is a way to get to that new Tag line (i.e. it will start the
discussion) than I'm cool with it.

The design is quite a departure from the normal OWASP logo (and another good
step into the OWASP design chaos), so my only comment would be that the A
(of OWASP) might be a bit hard to read. But overall I'm good with it.

This is good stuff. Tom is this what the ODesk project delivered:
http://www.odesk.com/jobs/OWASP-Logo_~~358d05bfea7f4873?tot=207&pos=42 ?

Dinis Cruz