[Owasp-board] FW: Tix to Irvine

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Aug 23 11:04:47 UTC 2010

Wow, what about making our leaders pay a fee for the priviledge of being an
owasp leader and doing all that work for free!!! That would also be a
revenue source!

And Dave, how much money do you want to make from the conferences? I thought
that 118k from the EU conference was pretty good.

What is the profit number that will make you consider sharing some of that
with our hard working leaders? 250k? 500k? 1M? Never?

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes it is hard to be the only one around here
that (on the record) is trying to look after our owasp leaders (who are the
heart and soul of this organization). It really hurts when I have to justify
issues like this to the board

Dinis Cruz

On 23 Aug 2010, at 04:08, Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org> wrote:

 I vote no. That we do NOT comp OWASP leaders to our commercially provided
training events. These are intended to be significant revenue generators for
OWASP.

-Dave