[Owasp-board] Fwd: OWASP Summit 2011 - notes

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Wed Aug 18 23:20:23 UTC 2010

Not sure if you guys got this, so here it goes just in case

See below the result of the first meeting we had earlier this month on
the organization on the next owasp summit.

I will sent next a follow-up email with the results of the latest meeting
(which happened today)

Dinis Cruz

Justin Clarke, justin.clarke at owasp.org
Dinis Cruz, dinis.cruz at owasp.org
 Lorna Alamri, Lorna.Alamri at owasp.org
John Wildander, john.wilander at owasp.org
 Brad Causey, bradcausey at owasp.org
Martin Knobloch, martin.knobloch at owasp.org
2) the summit is an annual event
3) outside OWASP conference
4) the summit should take place in January not later then begin of February
5) the summit takes 3 to 4 days
6) budget aim is US$ 150'000 US$ where 50'000 from OWASP and US$100'000 from
sponsors
7) attendees targets are:
OWASP Funded:
- Board
- Committee Members
 Chapter / sponsor Funded:
- Chapter Leaders
- Project Leaders
8) venue / location criteria (no decision on the venue)
- 1 key organizer in close contact with the venue
- hosting 30 to 100 people
 - US$2'000 a head (flight/accommodation/food/beers)
- conference facilities
 - multiple meeting rooms
- one big meeting room e.g. auditorium
- hotel with the conference facilities or conference venue within walking
distance
 - apartments if possible (to share apartments/rooms and save money)
- 4 to 5 star hotel
 - local food supplier for apartment crashing
- has to be negotiated with the hotel
 - max 50 km's form international airport
- sufficient Internet access!
 - if possible

Success factors (what indicates the summit as success)
 - break even
- the summits are the place to go to discus about and working on Web
Application Security
 - review of the past year
- working sessions on committees, projects and industry sectors
 e.g. browsers and frameworks
- universities / education sessions
- committee member election
 - board election
- strategic OWASP issues
- road map and action plans for the next 12 month

Local Summit:
- The conferences are free to organize small, conference bound summit
- this are not sponsored by OWASP of OWASP summit budget
 - we do not interfere, support or sabotage
- AppSec-DC Summit
-
 TODO's:
Summit Wiki:
Martin: setup the summit wiki and do the initial filling
 Venue option
Martin: http://www.dagstuhl.de/en/about-dagstuhl/
 Lorna: http://www.franconiainn.com/
Dinis: Portugal option
 Web:
Dinis: OWASPSummit.org
 Next meeting:
July 19th, 10 pm GMT+1
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
1) we are those who organize the next Summit