[Owasp-board] Fwd: O2 Platform - Commercial Services Presentation

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Wed Aug 18 17:34:13 UTC 2010

Hi Board

As you know, part of my OWASP/O2 tour involved the presentation of a funding
model for O2's development and commercial support to companies that decide
to use it in their practices (model that (once finalized) should also be
adopted by other OWASP projects so that they have their own independent
development revenue streams).

I have now completed a first pass at this model (taking into account the
feedback from our leaders) and am starting to present it to the companies
that are the best fit for O2 and that can get the most value from it.

As you can see below  there are a number of companies (like Cigital and
Denim Group) that are trying to figure out how to adopt O2 and use it at
their practices.

Attached is the presentation that I completed yesterday which contains the
details of the best engagement models between O2 and Security Consulting
Companies or Internal Security Groups (during the tour I also meet with a
couple 'paying clients' that would like to use O2 internally at their
organizations).

Below is the email I just sent Cigital following the number of meetings I
had with them on Monday and Tuesday.

Let me know if you have any concerns about this or if you feel I should
modify the message.

Note that I'm trying to be very clear that this is not an OWASP driven
activity (I still need to figure out (and present here) the best way to
present this officially at OWASP's website)

Btw, I have a LOT of feedback about OWASP from the multiple chapter and
leaders I meet. I will try to document those next week

Dinis Cruz