[Owasp-board] Guidelines for OWASP leaders attendance of OWASP Conferences

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Sep 28 17:05:26 UTC 2009

Hi - this is great.  I'm really glad we can do this for the leaders in our
community!

Since anyone can start an OWASP project by creating a web page, we're
probably going to have to limit it somehow. We absolutely want to encourage
anyone to start a project anytime.  Like venture capitalists we can nurture
these along and some may grow to greatness.  But I don't want people to
abuse the benefit by creating a project just to get free conference
admission.

I believe the answer is in the project health and project release criteria.
I suggest that we limit it to projects with Level 2 health or "Stable"
release quality releases. We should reserve the right to change this in the
future. This is a very nice incentive to get people to move up the criteria
levels.

--Jeff