[Owasp-board] two open topics before the weekend, please

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Sat Sep 26 17:00:33 UTC 2009

210/60 wow did not think it was that lop sided.  60 out of the approx
800 members interesting ratio. When kate adds the column in the google
docs for member since, chapter leader of, project leader of, global
committee member of, board member it will help people see a who's who
"member list"

Simply, we should use the local chapter funds to sign up the leaders
and move the funds $50 per person to the owasp foundation the balance
would be available to them to expense against for travel costs etc..
(Problem here is there are many $0.00 chapter balances so if they have
no funds... They have not done a good job in getting local members or
sponsors yet with 60 days left for the 60/40 split.)

When/if each chapter appoints a representative/ delegate to come to DC
for this important collaboration session fantastic and typical for
"chapters" of a non profit. If perhaps there company is funding the
event as they see appsec as important investment.

>From a governance/operational perspective my concern here is on the
11th, it will enable collaboration for (n humans) mostly from USA,
however no "vote" can take place (for 6th board member, global X etc)
as we will require a proxy method for members to cast
vote aka majority on topics.  Dan Cornell (GMC) is doing some research
for us here with www.formsite.com and others to capture this in the
best way possible.

This really matters if we want a long term goal of "Professional Association"

--
Sent from my mobile device

Tom Brennan
973.506.9303