[Owasp-board] Conference request

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Tue Oct 13 21:29:32 UTC 2009

Hi Rex/Doug/Mark,

I've been reviewing the agenda for the AppSecDC conference and I'm getting
really excited.   I noticed that there's no time in the agenda for us to let
people know a bit about OWASP, how it works, some of the cool stuff we're
doing, and how to get involved.

I'd like to request that we use the Keynote slot on Day 2 for this purpose
if it's not already filled.  I'd like to get a bit creative about telling a
compelling story about the organization and our mission for the attendees -
possibly with a variety of speakers, video clips, stories from OWASP, and
the organizational roadmap from the Summit.

In the future, we plan to make this part of every OWASP conference, as it's
an important opportunity to further our mission and reach people who might
otherwise not get involved.  But although we've done this at previous
conferences, none of us noticed it was missing here.

If this isn't possible, can you help us think of ways to make this happen?
Could we present over lunch?

Thanks!

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair