[Owasp-board] [Global_membership_committee] 2010 Memberships

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Wed Oct 7 16:38:13 UTC 2009

The split was for 2009 however I think it allows local chapters to drive
membership and community hence voting power etc.. so I would support
allowing this to continue and we get agreement at the committee level we can
propose this at the DC summit as part of the town hall discussion.

Membership kits are a hard-cost.  A .pdf certificate, wallet card and
welcome letter would be a way to reduce costs and remove shipping etc..  and
do it all electronic.  This is a change from current - so discussion?  If we
get agreement at the committee level we can propose this at the DC summit as
part of the town hall discussion.

Membership fees approved in 2009 enabled a simplified program.  I do not
think that should change.  If anything we should be focused on membership
benefits for all three tiers and not the costs. This is a great topic for
the town hall discussion actually.

my thoughts..

--
Tom Brennan