[Owasp-board] Larry's situation? Fwd: Webpages, presentation and Twitter

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Nov 16 22:10:23 UTC 2009

D- to me for not knowing how this works either.  Thanks Larry,

--Jeff

From: Mark Bristow <mark.bristow at owasp.org>
Date: 2009/11/15
Subject: Re: Webpages, presentation and Twitter
To: dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>
Cc: "owasp-o2-platform at lists.owasp.org" <owasp-o2-platform at lists.owasp.org>,
"Booth, Rex" <Rex.Booth at gt.com>

Dinis,

Larry installed a plugin in the wiki that processed the twitter feed.  We
emailed him the account we wanted to monitor and he gave us the number for
our wiki page.

-Mark

Sent from my wireless device

On Nov 15, 2009, at 7:37 AM, dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:

Just updated most download links on the main O2 webpage at the OWASP
Website: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_O2_Platform and added a couple
new tabs

FYI, here is main O2 presentation that I gave at the OWASP AppSec DC last
week: "What is the OWASP O2 Platform
<http://www.o2-ounceopen.com/files-binaries-source-and-demo/old-documents-an
d-presentations/OWASP_O2_Platform_-_AppSec_Ireland_Sep_2009.pdf> "  (for
more details on O2 modules you can also see "OWASP O2 Platform Modules
<http://www.o2-ounceopen.com/files-binaries-source-and-demo/old-documents-an
d-presentations/O2%20Modules%20Presentation%20V1.0.pdf> "). This is the same
that I delivered at the Ireland & Brazil AppSec

I also created a new Twitter account for O2 updates (see
https://twitter.com/O2Platform) and was trying to link it to the OWASP site
but I'm not 100% sure how that is it done. The
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_AppSec_DC_2009 guys use a
<twitter>34534108</twitter> MediaWiki tag which points to their account in
Twitter, but I couldn't figure out how to configure this number.

Rex or Mark (CCed), can you share how you added a twitter feed to your
AppSec DC page.

After a bit of a fight with Blogger, I was able to improve the format of the
"O2/IBM Blog Series" I posted last week:

*	Part I - IBM Application Security related tools & "AppScan 2011"
<http://diniscruz.blogspot.com/2009/11/part-i-ibm-application-security-relat
ed.html>
*	Part II - Why IBM will 'solve the problem'
<http://diniscruz.blogspot.com/2009/11/part-ii-why-ibm-will-solve-problem.ht
ml>
*	Part III - Why I said NO to IBM ... for now
<http://diniscruz.blogspot.com/2009/11/part-iii-why-i-said-no-to-ibm-for-now
.html>
*	Part IV - O2 needs to be Commercially Supported
<http://diniscruz.blogspot.com/2009/11/part-iv-o2-needs-to-be-commercially.h
tml>

And finally, during the flight back from DC, I  made some further changes to
the XRules manager module which soon should have native support for Unit
Tests

Dinis Cruz
Blog: http://diniscruz.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/DinisCruz & http://twitter.com/O2Platform