[Owasp-board] OWASP Top 10 Review

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Wed Nov 11 15:22:20 UTC 2009

The top 10 presentation I have prepared for the conference is deliberately
intended to be reusable by others.

As such, it contains far more content than I can present at the conference,
so I'm going to skim past some of it, but it contains a full set of content
to present to a new audience about what the top 10 contains as well as what
it is about.

I have at least 3 slides on each top 10 item, The first is the description
of the problem and the risks it introduces, and then 2nd is an example, and
the 3rd is focused on how to address or avoid this problem. And with the 3rd
slide I try to advertise the presence of the key mature OWASP resources that
are available to help in that area.

So, with the top 10, I'm trying to use its visibility to advertise much more
of the great work that is being done at OWASP, like the Guides, ESAPI, ASVS,
etc.

-Dave