[Owasp-board] FW: Invoice for PR Newswire

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Mar 30 18:39:44 UTC 2009

I'm not convinced that OWASP should be doing "PR Newswire type" press
releases.  They are pretty expensive (hundreds to thousands of dollars) for
each one we send out.  And my suspicion is that they don't help us very
much.  I COULD BE SERIOUSLY WRONG here though.  Perhaps if we sent it out
over PR Newswire, a developer will see the Code Review Guide PR from today
and get  their company involved.  The alternative is to build up our Web 2.0
marketing and personal email lists.  I think we should discuss (briefly) and
vote at  the next board meeting.

--Jeff