[Owasp-board] Budget

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Mar 26 15:06:39 UTC 2009

Sorry. I made an error regarding #14. #14 is not ESAPI support. This is for
Aspect's ad hoc support to the OWASP foundation as necessary. This includes
admin support from Michelle and Shannon (usually for conferences and other
events), accounting support from Andi, sys admin support from Larry.

Aspect simply gets reimbursed for their time (their base salary plus some
allocation for benefits, etc.), but this is not 'for profit' support. Jeff
and I don't ever charge our time to be reimbursed. For example, while Alison
is on maternity leave, Andi will be doing OWASP's bookkeeping.

As we get more OWASP staff (Alison, Kate, Kate's friend, sys admin support),
then hopefully the need to rely on Aspect staff will drop.

That’s why we are est. this amount will go down this year.

-Dave

#11: This is for OWASP's share of the T1, but seems a bit expensive so
hopefully includes more than just that??

#12: Don't know.

#14: This is for Aspect's support to ESAPI, max $2000 / month for twelve
months / year.

#17: This is for credit card fees for all the income we receive through
credit cards and paypal. i.e., almost all memberships, conference fees, etc.
Yes - its expensive.

#22: Yes, this was for the audit. Probably two years worth. Next year (for
the 2008 audit) should be cheaper as we aren't going to do a full audit this
year. Maybe every other year.

#29, and #15, and #16: We thought it appropriate to break them out, but we
can combine them if desired.

-Dave