[Owasp-board] OWASP Budget

Alison Shrader alison.mcnamee at owasp.org
Fri Jun 26 12:37:53 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

Please find attached an updated budget, with numbers as of this past Monday.
The good news is we are below our projected numbers for many of our expense
accounts.  However, we are also very behind on our projected income for the
year.  You will see that our conference profits is currently in the
negative.  We had a $30k loss from Australia, and have currently paid out
$10k for DC (but obviously have not opened registration for this event yet).
We had a $20k profit from the Poland conference..so we are currently at a
$20k loss for the year.  To date we have only sold one monthly banner
advertisement, so that is why this number is so low.  Membership income is
lower than expected, but I had a feeling this would be since the majority of
membership registrations that come in indicate a local chapter that they
want 40% of their funds to go to.  I think all of the expense accounts
should be pretty self explanatory.

Please let me know if you have any questions on any of the numbers.

Also, we need to decide if we are going to do a financial review this year.
I have spoke with our accountant, and if we are going to do the review she
would like to start it in July (so it can be completed before our 990 is due
in November).  If we are not going to do the review, I will have her go
ahead and complete our 990 and post it to the wiki once completed.

Best regards,

Alison Shrader

OWASP

9175 Guilford Road, Suite 300