[Owasp-board] Global Industry Committee

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Wed Jun 3 14:30:59 UTC 2009

Global Industry Committee and associated projects, we will be doing a
OWASP news podcast that will focus on the purpose and accomplishments
of Global Committee's thus far and wanted to invoke some actions,
noodling (thanks James McGovern) and discussion.

members please take a moment to check in with your owasp regions
(global committees represent owasp globally) on our wiki page and
update your progress if there are any new items that are in progress
or on the list.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Industry_Committee#Work_in_Progress

As a action item from the last OWASP board meeting, OWASP would like
to continue to build out a "Industry Steering Group" for - the concept
here is to recruit enterprise organizations and gather requirements
from them and allow OWASP to be a voice for the them as a collective.
Yes, we also want them to be a corporate supporter and with assistance
from the Membership committee we have laid the ground work for this
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership + we can start with the
existing "members" and get them involved.

I also want to call your attention to the ISWG that has been active in
this area: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Intrinsic_Security_Working_Group
please take the time to review the progress and efforts of this
project team and lets integrate and leverage this projects mission as
well as the following (2) projects OWASP-PCI project
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_PCI_Project as well as
the OWASP spending project that has gotten a lot of attention recently
in the media http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Security_Spending_Benchmarks
so we have plenty of efforts to speak of for additional and ongoing
outreach.

Podcast HQ = http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Podcast#tab=Latest_Shows

Thoughts, comments? You volunteerism is appreciated in advance.

--
Tom Brennan
OWASP Foundation