[Owasp-board] Strawman OWASP vision and mission

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Fri Jul 10 00:52:56 UTC 2009

Jeff,

Good stuff.

On the mission side, I think we might want to add two things:

1)      Add 'and language' to the framework developers comment.

2)      I think we need to encourage consumers to ask for security and WHY
it's in their best interest to do so.

a.       I actually think (maybe naively) that this might be the biggest
factor in the future influence of getting vendors to start focusing on
application security properly.

Should we organize the mission bullets into different audiences? Like
individual app producers, infrastructure producers, and consumers? Or
something like that? Maybe add assessment/consulting organizations as
targets for OWASP too?

-Dave