[Owasp-board] REQUEST FOR COMMENTS/RE: ASDR SoC Final Review

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Thu Feb 19 15:46:41 UTC 2009

Hello Leonardo,

I thank your clear feedback regarding the ASDR status and I am glad to hear
that important progress have been made. I am also pleased to know that you
are thinking in pushing the project up the ladder in the next season of code
- as you know the guide's integration is an issue currently at stake and
maybe some efforts towards this direction can to this point be made.

As for the circumstances in which you have worked, I understand the
difficulty you have faced to find volunteers. The path we have followed,
under which we have allocated four reviewers to this project instead of the
usual two, definitely didn't work. We did so to get additional help because
we had anticipated the task's grandiosity but it seems now clear that we
have mixed reviewer's and contributor's roles.  I would say we need to learn
this lesson.

Regarding the SoC's payment, even if none review has been done except yours,
IMHO it could be evaluated given that 80% of the approved roadmap has been
accomplished and two extra-planned tasks have been performed, i.e. the
identification of the most important subclasses for each category and the
articles' cleaning.

Therefore, I am carbon copying both the Board and the Project's Committee to
have their say on the issue. I am sure very soon we will receive the
appropriate response.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager